Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
What You Need To Know Before Your Sedated Oral Surgery
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Kozlovksy, Miele or Sandau prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Have questions?For any questions or to schedule an appointment call our Marlboro office Marlboro Center for Oral Surgery & Dental Implantology Phone Number 732-625-2244,
or our Middletown office Middletown Oral Surgery Associates Phone Number 732-671-5822. You can also use our online appointment request form.